The Subscriptions Marketing team is responsible for all direct-to-consumer marketing, promoting Future’s portfolio of print and digital titles to both existing and potential customers. The overall objective of the team is to sustainably increase subscription revenues through optimised marketing campaigns via a variety of online and offline channels.
The team operates across four areas: Acquisitions, Retention, eCommerce and Email, with all areas working very closely together to achieve the overarching objectives. The Ecommerce Campaign Manager will work alongside the Head of Ecommerce, operating in both a strategic and tactical capacity, and is required to own, devise and deliver an effective plan for ecommerce promotional campaign performance through various channels, including but not limited to, email, affiliates, PPC and social. In addition, meaningful and accurate reporting on the performance of campaigns, forward forecasts and competitor monitoring is essential, ensuring those across the business who use this data are able to review it effectively. This includes both written reports and attendance at senior level meetings as required.
We are looking for Senior Ecommerce Executivewho will be expected to prioritise and co-ordinate workload effectively for themselves, and is accountable for best-practice and accurate planning, execution and delivery of ecommerce campaigns driving traffic and revenue through (url removed).
This includes effective use of core skills such as copywriting, briefing design teams, set-up of on-site discounts and offers and liaison with internal and external partners.
The Senior Ecommerce Executive is also required to lead the communication channel with editors within Future, to maximise awareness of promotional activity on MagazinesDirect, identifying potential opportunities for collaboration. This requires an adaptable, problem-solving approach, maintaining the department’s culture of collaboration, constant improvement and innovation.
The Senior Ecommerce Executive will also be expected to lead on actively identifying new merchandise revenue streams and lead on sourcing, planning, design and production of new products.
The Senior Ecommerce Executive is also accountable for the delivery of key projects or initiatives, as required by the Head of Ecommerce, or the business generally.
Key role responsibilities
- Campaign Preparation and Implementation
- Management of email campaigns, implementation and reporting.
- Maximising response by channel and campaign through continuous testing of target audience, offer, media, copy, creative, timing etc.
- Use the full marketing mix and marketing channels to implement campaigns that effectively drive traffic and sales through (url removed)
- Results analysis of past campaign data to influence future campaigns or opportunities
- Liaison with affiliates on sitewide key promos and activity to generate traffic and revenue for (url removed)
- Completing briefing documents and submitting to the subscription bureau and mailing supplier
- Contribute to setting up of all new products and ensuring they are available to buy online at (url removed) in a timely manner, in order to maximise sales.
- Ensure accuracy of content on (url removed), and optimising content for search engines. Manually amending content using the website’s CMS (content management system)
- Effective use of core skills such as copy writing, briefing design teams, proofreading and liaising with the subscription bureau, internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Support the Head of Ecommerce in identifying site development areas, briefing these in and testing end-to-end after implementation.
- Support the Acquisition and Retention teams with ad-hoc tasks as agreed with line manager, including support with other online marketing campaigns and website development plans.
- New initiatives and projects as required
Forecasting and Accounting:
- To monitor the acquisitions performance of your campaigns in order to ensure your promotions are working and report this performance to the Head of Ecommerce
- Make sure that campaigns are cost effective and that promotions come in on budget. Take responsibility for control of spend in an accurate and timely fashion
- Take ownership of monthly affiliate commissions by accepting/rejecting sales within the network
- Manage monthly POs receipted from marketing channels
Analysis and Communication:
- To maintain good records of promotional activities with file copies of creative, audience targeted and results in order to assist future campaign planning.
- To work closely with the Acquisition and Retention teams to ensure campaigns are appropriate to the magazine strategy, and monitor the retention of promotions.
- Monitor competitors’ online marketing activity on an ongoing basis.
- Share ideas and results with the other team members in order to share best practice; so that Future pioneers new initiatives and makes best use of online marketing channels available.
- To represent the professionalism of the Marketing team at all times with internal and external stakeholders.
- 3 years+ practical marketing experience and/or marketing qualification
- Experience of working within a previous e-Commerce channel role
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels & experience of content management systems
- Previous experience using web analytics
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Proven at detailed, useful analysis
- Decision-making skills
- Management experience
- Planning and organisational skills
- Numerate and commercially aware (profitability, ROI, ARPU, LTV)
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and resilient
- Ability to influence effectively and develop relationships
- Calm under pressure and able to prioritise a busy workload through excellent time management skills
What will I get in return:
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.